Bookbot is going through some exciting times! We are delighted to have been selected to take part in the 2019 Remarkable Accelerator program. It’s a 16 week program that provides funding, masterclasses, coaching and access to a truly impressive network of mentors.
We are one of seven startups that are creating technology for the benefit people with a disability. Here are the other members of the cohort that we’re hanging out with:
- JobMatcher — using predictive artificial intelligence to match relevant positions for job seekers, with a focus on low employment rates for people with disability.
- NomadVR — creating virtual-reality experiences for aged-care facilities, allowing movement-impaired people to experience simulations of the outside world.
- Our Care Journal — an app created for carers to help organise everyday care needs, find services, communicate with others and arrange important information.
- PolySpine — a 3D manufactured trunk-and-head-support system helping people with physical disability to participate in recreational and rehabilitation activities.
- sameview — an online platform for disability care coordination.
- Spokle — a speech therapy app to support children with communication disorders.
‘This is an awesome opportunity,’ enthused Bookbot founder Adrian, ‘It’s so inspiring to spend time with these amazing people. This program will help us give Bookbot a real boost to the market.’
If you look carefully you can spot Adrian second left.
Supported by the Disability Tech Accelerator Remarkable, a division of Cerebral Palsy Alliance, with funding from principal partner the icare Foundation and partners Telstra Foundation, Macquarie and Microsoft.